11.30.2015

Visakhapatnam on the Indian East Coast


Hello and greetings from Visak!!!

Visak (or Visakhapatnam or Vizag) is so rad!!!  I love it here so far, it is beautiful.  Visak is a little port city that is cut off from the rest of India by green mountains covered in jungle, it's pretty awesome.  The city is busy with so many shops, stands, and people.  The surrounding colonies (neighborhoods) are painted with vibrant colors--teals, fuschias, corals, and crimsons.

My companion is Elder Thambi from Bangalore!  He speaks English and Tamil. Before coming out on a mission he signed a contract with a local professional soccer team in Bangalore to play for a few years for them, but then decided to go on a mission so pretended to have a leg injury saying he wouldn't be able to play.  He is awesome and we are doing some serious work out here, this week we found like five new investigators and three new families to teach!

Also, nobody here speaks English haha, everyone speaks Telegu.  Everyone knows, "Hi how are you," and "I'm fine," but that is the extent of it haha. So whenever we go out we have to take a member that knows English well enough to translate what we're trying to say to our investigators.  Even our branch meetings are all in Telegu.  I'm learning slowly though haha.

The coolest experience I had this week was (finally) meeting people who know Josh! On Sunday I had to speak and one of the guys I spoke with was one of Josh's trainees!  His name is Gantyada Raju.  He said Josh had trained him in Chennai and that he was one of the hardest workers he'd seen.  He came up to me after that meeting and told me if there's anything I ever need, just to ask.

We are going sight seeing for zone p day today so I gotta go!  I'll try to attach some pictures!  Everyone keep the faith!!!

Elder Tuscano

No comments:

Post a Comment