11.16.2015

On To India...


This week has gone by quite slowly.  I think it's the Lord's way of telling me to slow down and enjoy the comforts of the States before I forget all about them.

This week has been pretty crazy though!  We had an Elder finish his mission, so Elder Smith and I were in a trio with our zone leader for the weekend.  We covered three wards and ourSunday was crazy hectic with all the meetings, leadership meetings, sacrament meetings, and stuff we had to go to. We were straight at the church from 7:30AM to 4:30PM.  It was fun though.  In our ward (Timber Creek) our second counselor randomly called me up from the congregation at the end of sacrament meeting to say the closing prayer, so that was fun haha.  Never done that before.

Also never winterized a garage before until I came here haha.  Winterizing garages takes FOREVER.  We've spent the past three or so Saturdays helping people move things into their respective garages.  But the people are wonderful here, so genuine and appreciative.  I really will miss it, it's bittersweet to leave.

But on to India.  I feel like I know what I'm getting myself into, but in reality I don't think I have a clue.  And I couldn't possibly be more excited.  This will be, honestly, among the most unique experiences one could possibly have: to preach the restored Gospel to the people of India, primarily a pagan nation.  Come sickness, legalities, success or lack thereof, I know the Lord will be with me. I have no inhibitions about sharing what I know is true and what has brought me such joy.

Thursday I will be in an entirely different world.  Come what may, I'll love it.  Keep the faith and stay on the straight and narrow!

Elder Tuscano

No comments:

Post a Comment