12.14.2015

Wake-up "calls," Zoo visit and lives changing

when a camera battery dies sometimes you get part of a picture that includes the top of your head (under the letter P)

This week was awesome!!  We had some awesome lessons and were able to do some fun things!  Side note: I think I've failed to mention that waking up on time is no problem in Visak, we wake up at around 6:00AM each morning to the profusely loud yelling of something in Telegu via loud speaker (coming from the Hindu temple right next to us haha).

In our planners, there is a list of awesome finding ideas.  Among these is helping teach English as a second language.  Elder Thambi and I took this to heart and for the past couple weeks, we've been helping a member teach a group of twenty or so kids, ages three to thirteen, learn English!  This past week they had their exams, and they passed!!  To reward their efforts, we took them to the Indira Ghandi Zoo Park!  It was an awesome experience.  I will send the one picture I have (as my camera died just as we were entering the zoo) haha.

For the past few weeks, Elder Thambi and I have been meeting with a less active member, Pavan, and his wife and adorable nine month old son.  Three years ago, Pavan was a super solid member.  He came on exchange with the elders almost every day, looked forward to and actively attended church each week--up until about a year ago.  He got into some financial trouble and turned to alcohol to solve his problems.  Meeting with him this week, he really opened up to us.  He told us that he's tried and tried to quit drinking and he feels that he's not worthy to even come to church.  I was super filled with the Spirit and don't entirely recall what I said, but I expressed to him something along the lines of a General Conference talk Elder Holland (I believe) once gave: that no matter how far he thinks he's traveled, he has not traveled outside the infinite redeeming power of the Atonement.  I also shared with him Matthew 11:28-30.  He wept.  He has not tasted a drop of alcohol and is coming back to church.  He's now doing all that is necessary to become clean.  I'm so grateful for the Spirit and the truths is never ceases to testify of.

Is it cold back home?  It sure isn't here haha.  Everyone have a solid week!  Also please pray for Pavan!!!

Love,
Elder Tuscano

No comments:

Post a Comment