2.21.2017

FEB 2017





What is up everyone?

This week flew by like nobody's business haha, seriously I have no idea how it's already Monday again.  Crazy.  I don't have a lot of time today because it is Elder Poleboina's last Preparation Day on his mission, so we're going to do some fun stuff pretty soon here.

One cool experience we had: on Saturday we had a couple appointments in the evening so Elder Poleboina taught an investigator at the church and Elder Barry and I went on exchange with two young men in our ward who are preparing to serve missions.  One of the young men, Sam, was pretty dejected for some reason as we were walking to the appointment that evening.  We tried to engage him in conversation and he would just give one or two word answers, put his head down, and keep walking.  We arrived at the appointment and once we started teaching, the mother of the investigator family would just not let the question go of why exactly we use bread for the sacrament and not something else.  Before we could give an answer, something happened to Sam, it was like he suddenly came to life.  He said, "Elder, we need to show her from the Book of Mormon where Jesus says to use bread for sacrament," we were all for it.  Sam then showed the sister those verses from the Book of Mormon and she was very much satisfied with the answer.  Sam was ecstatic.  After the appointment Sam was just filled with excitement and could not stop talking about how wonderful he felt.  We told him how great of a job he'd done and how he would be a great missionary.  He told us, "Elder, before the appointment I was sad because I didn't feel confident about going on a mission, I was feeling I am not ready.  But now I know I'm ready and I'm so excited to serve mission."  Again, it is just so cool to see how perfectly well Heavenly Father knows each one of us and each of our needs.  He hears our prayers and knows our hearts and always answers right on time.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Keep the faith,

Elder Tuscano



No comments:

Post a Comment