1.12.2017

Hello from our Hyberdaddy trip


Hello from Hyberdaddy, everyone!

It's been a while since I've been in this city, it's good to be back, even if it's for a brief time.  The food is still as good as ever and chaala spicy, might I add ("chaala" means "very" in Telugu).  It's been fun serving in the A.S. Rao Nagar ward with Elder Shuman, from Preston, Idaho, these past few days.

One interesting change, however, is that of the climate: it is SO cold in the mornings and evenings here!  Some of you may be thinking, "Elder Tuscano, you're in the heart of southern India, there is no way it can be that cold."  I beg to differ haha.  We've been going to this park in the mornings to exercise and you can see your breath, I kid you not.  Some of you may refute that thinking, "Elder Tuscano, that may just be the exhalation of the abundance of pollution in the city of Hyderabad, is it not?"  That may be partially true, but I think the main reason is because it's so cold haha.

Elder Shuman and I witnessed a cool miracle this week.  One night we had a fairly busy evening planned; but, lo and behold, all the appointments we had planned for fell through.  So we went to a quiet place and said a prayer together that we would be led to a family looking for the gospel.  After saying Amen, we asked an elderly Hindu man if there were any Christian homes nearby.  He led us right to the home of Prabhudas and his family.  No less than five minutes later, the Lord led us to a wonderful family, prepared by the Lord to receive His gospel.  Prabhudas is the friend of a member who had met with missionaries a few years ago but stopped, and had recently been hoping to meet with missionaries again.  Interestingly enough, Prabhudas is the very same man whom Elder Shuman had been trying to contact by phone for just under a month now but he'd never actually talked to, seen, or met with him.  As we met with Prabhudas, his brother walked in.  Then his mother.  Then his other brother.  It was amazing.  They were all so happy to see missionaries again.  How grateful I am that the day of miracles has not ceased.  God lives and He is a God of miracles.

I hope everyone has a great week and stays nice and warm.  I will do my best to do the same haha.

Keep the faith,
Elder Tuscano 

P.S.  I am so sad because my camera battery died shortly after I arrived in Hyderabad so I was unable to take many pictures ):  But I will send the one I did have enough battery to take haha.  The picture I am sending is with a cute family we taught this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment