8.01.2016

transfer and zone leader assignment; 19th birthday and baptisms

 One of my favorite places in the Convent Road North area
where we spend a good deal of our time: Wilson Garden
 The baptism of Alex Raju (along with his family, none of whom are mormon)  

 Elder Jensen, me and Zia (our other favorite Muslim investigator who is
originally from India but was brought up in the UK.  He is AWESOME).

Jonathan's good friend, Haley and her parents.
Haley leaves this week for her mission in Argentina.

Parent note: Jonathan celebrates his 19th birthday this week on August 5.  He was grateful for the package that we sent to him yet it was tender to read his perspective about gifts that he sent to us in our individual email (separate from the general email that he sends for us to share).  I don't think he'd mind that I share it here: "If the only birthday present I ever received was the gift of repentance and being able to improve my character because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ I would be overjoyed.  But luckily for me I have a loving family and especially parents who have helped shape me into what I am.  And that gift is irreplaceable."

Hello hello all!  Hope you're not partying too hard back at home.

This week was transfers and it turns out I'm leaving Convent Road and heading across town to Indiranagar (to serve as a zone leader)!!  My new companion is Elder Shrestha, he is from Nepal and that's literally the only thing I know about him haha.  It will be fun, I'm excited.  Kinda crazy though, Elder Jensen's training isn't finished yet!  But due to an increasing shortage of missionaries some crazy changes have been made (i.e. me being transferred mid-training).

This week, I had the privilege of confirming brother Navaz, that was an experience I will never ever forget.  He was beaming after I said Amen.  But also it was the baptism of brother Alex Raju!  He is among my favorite people I have yet taught on my mission.  Here is an example of how strong his faith is: yesterday morning, Alex was a little late for sacrament (which was a slightly alarming to us because he was to be baptized later that day).  After sacrament he told us that shortly after he'd left his home to come to church, his motorcycle ran out of gas and he'd left his wallet at home.  So he literally walked his bike to the church so he wouldn't be late for church and his baptism.  If I can one day develop the faith that people like Alex, Gregory, and Navaz have I will be satisfied.  They are incredible examples to me.  I hope they are to you all as well.

Don't just keep the faith this week but cultivate it.  I promise growth will come.

Love,
Elder Tuscano

P.S. Shout out to Haley Lindsey (soon to be Hermana Lindsey) who leaves for the MTC this week!  Give her a shout out if you know her, she is dope to say the least and will do great things in Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment