4.18.2016

Telegu: if you can't speak it, go ahead and speak it anyway; they just might understand!




Hello hello all from Hyberdaddy!!!

This week was an awesome one for us, really productive.  Also really hot.  The average temperature during the day is usually over 100 degrees.  Any time we go to anyone's home they are sure to remind us.

Some highlights from this week include the fact that we set a baptism date this week!!!  Woohoo!!!  We set it for May 8, the last week in the transfer.  We are super excited.

Also this week I had a pretty cool experience.  So we showed up at a less active family's home (because trying to schedule appointments in India is like trying to jump over the moon) and as it so happened, only the sister and her husband, both of whom are in their later years, were at home.  Neither of them speaks English.  So we were thinking to leave but then I felt prompted to stay.  So we stayed.  And in very, very broken Telugu I was able to teach and testify.  It ended up being a powerful lesson and the sister understood clearly.  Super cool experience, I thought.

Also we had stake conference this week and the presiding authority was none other than Elder Randy D. Funk of the Seventy.  Elder Funk is Josh's former mission president.  Before the meeting started he greeted all the missionaries just briefly then paused for a moment when he got to me.  He hugged me and asked if my brother was the very same Elder Tuscano that had been his first assistant when he came to India, I told him I was.  He was thrilled.  He said he was so excited when he found out that I was serving in this mission.  Also we are having zone conference with him next week, so I'm really excited about that.

I'm finally able to send some pictures also haha, so enjoy!  And have an AWESOME week!  Keep the faith.

Love,
Elder Tuscano

No comments:

Post a Comment