4.11.2016

Hindu New Year and belated General Conference: it's all RAD

Hindu New Year

Hello hello all, and Happy Hindu New Year!!  Hindu New Year was not as much of a party as I thought it would be, I guess everyone here is Muslim, oops hahaha.

This week was rad and went by really fast.  Elder Larson and I spent the week getting to know our area, the members, and doing whatever we could to find people to teach.  It is also really really hot here haha, we get texts from the mission office everyday to go in the shade for ten or so minutes because it is almost dangerous to be outside.

Conference this week was RAD, I seriously loved ALL the messages.  If I could watch the Sunday afternoon session over and over again, I'd be thrilled.  Messages that stuck out to me in particular were delivered from Elder Oaks about the necessity of opposition in mortality, from Elder Gong who shared many ways that we may ALWAYS remember Him, and Elder Kearon who spoke of refugees.  Elder Kearon's talk was even more moving because President Uchtdorf, who got up after to conduct, was weeping.  At first I was confused but then remembered: he himself is a refugee.  That was touching.  The messages delivered by General authorities pluck the very heart strings of their own.  I'm forever changed by this conference.  What wonderful messages.

I hope everyone was able to tune in for some of it last week (sorry I'm late by the way, they had to translate it into Telugu so we had to wait a week to view the sessions).

Hope everyone has a good week and that it is not as hot as it is in Hyderabad!

Love,
Elder Tuscano

No comments:

Post a Comment