3.21.2017

reasons for celebration in Bengaluru

 Elder Alaguretnam and I with the Sri Lankan elders at our favorite pizza eatery in India
 myself, Elder Madda, and Elder Barry after a zone meeting this week
 Elder Madda baptizing his family
at a birthday party with some of the young men in our ward

Happy belated Saint Patrick's Day everyone!!

This week was swift and solid here in Bengaluru.  This past week one of the two Sri Lankan elders in our mission completed his service, so he and his companion came here to Bengaluru for his release devotional and whatnot.  Why is this significant?  The Sri Lankan elders NEVER get to come to India haha, it's near impossible for Sri Lankan citizens to get visas to India and it really was a miracle that they were able to come.  To send this elder off, we celebrated at none other than--you guessed it: California Pizza Kitchen!!  Haha, we took some pictures, I'll send 'em your way.

Cool experience of the week: one of my very good friends in the mission is Elder Madda, from Rajahmundry.  I made friends with him when we stayed in the same apartment and worked in the same ward in Hyderabad last year.  Elder Madda is one of the most humble, soft-spoken, understanding, shy, faithful, good-spirited people I have ever met.  Add to that hardworking.  Despite his hard work, he approached me a few weeks ago and expressed his sadness and frustration that he has not had as much success on his mission as he would have liked--up until this weekend.  Elder Madda had the privilege, honor, and miracle of baptizing his father, his grandmother, and grandfather on Saturday and confirming them on Sunday.  Elder Madda told me in Hyderabad that he did not believe his family would be baptized, at least in the near future.  He said they were reluctant enough to send him on a mission, because of their family circumstances, there was no way they would join the Church.  But due to the efforts of some diligent missionaries and the Almighty hand of the Lord, Elder Madda's family's hearts were softened and they accepted the Gospel.  I think this is one of the most wonderful things I've ever been a part of: witnessing and assisting in the work of uniting families not only for time, but eternity.  God truly knows and loves us.  He knows and loves Elder Madda.  I am proud to call Elder Madda my friend.  I do not yet have pictures from the baptism, but I do, however, have some photos from my time with Elder Madda in Hyderabad.

Also, Venkat and Mayur are on track to be baptized on Sunday!!!  Woohoo!!!  We are excited.  They are excited.  All is well.

Have a great week!!

Elder Tuscano

No comments:

Post a Comment