9.28.2015

First letter from Jonathan in the MTC

Namskara (I think)!

Wow what a crazy experience so far.  I feel like I've been here for a few weeks, but it's only been a few days.  There is a lot going on here and it is all fantastic.  So after I got dropped off on Wednesday, my host that took me to my room was Caleb Heward!!!  It was so good to see him, and frankly pretty weird haha.  But he helped me take my things to my room, I got my tags and whatnot then shortly after I met my companion and my district!!  My companion is from Atlanta, Georgia.  But picture this. He is a skinny Indian kid with a buzzed head and a southern accent.  He was adopted from India when he was two by a family that lives in Georgia!  So he looks straight outta India but he' s definitely a red neck and admits to being such.  He's so funny.  He's an interesting kid.  Sings songs all the time, everything from country to rap.  He's not very good, but he thinks he is, so I get a kick out of it.  Like I said, I feel like I've been here for weeks!  It's been a surprisingly easy transition to the MTC.  Mission schedule isn't alarming or anything.  Amidst the first couple of classes we had as a district and at meetings and whatnot, I realized the gospel is a lot like a present.  As missionaries, we give people the gospel, but it's their choice to open it and partake of its contents!  I've also noticed that the spirit is stronger here than it is almost anywhere else I've been.  At the end of each day I am worn out.  Spiritually exhaustion leading to physical exhaustion!  It's like the exact opposite of anything I've done prior, but I love it.  The second day of being here we met the Branch President and I was made a district leader!  I am district leader of District 47-A and I couldn't be happier.  Our district is comprised of me and my companion, a companionship going to the Australia Sydney South mission, and a trio of sisters going to Logan!  In our classes (our classes are just our districts plus instructors) we've started teaching like right away!!  Me and Elder Magnusson (my companion) have been working really well together and we play off each other really well when teaching.  The spirit is very strong and present when we are teaching, even though right now we're just teaching our teachers.  It's crazy.  This Wednesday is when Elder Mag and I find out where we're going temporarily in the states, so I'll let you know!!!  Sorry I'm kinda all over the place right now.  I'm kinda rushing because I gotta go do laundry and prepare to teach an investigator tonight!  If you need something to really uplift you, go read Enos 1: 3-8.  There is a LOT of power packed in those verses.  Anyway, much love!!  Miss everyone and normal life, but also loving missionary life so far!!

Love,

Elder Tuscano

No comments:

Post a Comment